Our achievements in Brussels
Beautiful squares and parks
Our parks and squares are the Brusselers’ gardens and living rooms. Places to unwind, meet people, practice sports and play. In recent years, we have been transforming the city by turning car-friendly areas into lively parks and neighbourhood squares. And the best is yet to come, as there are still many projects in the pipeline!
- The abandoned "Tour and Taxis" railway site is now a lively park
- A beautiful park at Porte de Ninove
- Beco park along the canal
- Place Marsupilami in Laeken
- Place Fernand Cocq in Ixelles
- Place Flagey in Ixelles
- Place Jef Mennekens in Molenbeek
- Place du Miroir in Jette
- Place Cardinal Mercier in Jette
- Pedestrian area in the centre
City for all ages
- Brusselers enjoy their old age at Koekelberg's residential care centre Jourdan Village
- CuBe, a place where young people play sports, make music, party...
- Nightlife with Fuse and other nightclubs
- Youth clubs
Places to grow (and open up)
Every child deserves a place in the nursery and in the classroom. We have been working very hard on new schools and nurseries, on high-quality, sustainable infrastructure to give the youngest Brusselers every opportunity to grow and develop freely and safely.
- Primary school Sint-Joost-aan-Zee in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
- Primary school De Zennestraal in the pentagon area, with room for 240 young Brusselers
- Nursery Madeliefje
- Nursery Joost-e-Fien in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
- Nursery Het huis van het Kind in Anderlecht
Getting around the city quickly and safely
Fast and affordable public transport is invaluable. It is the only way to convince people to leave their cars aside. That is why we created new tram and bus lines, bought comfortable new metro and tram carriages and made the transition to electric buses. And the construction of kilometres of separate cycle lanes encouraged huge numbers of Brusselers to hop on their bikes.
- Separate cycle paths along the small ring
- Cycling safely at Chaussée de Vilvorde
- Cycle paths at Avenue Roosevelt